You can configure SCANPET to work as a wifi terminal. Use your mobile device as a scanner that automatically sends the barcode read to your PC.
- Connect WIFI
- WIFI scan
Connect WifiIf the Wifi is not active in your mobile device, this option turn it on, and if already active attempts to connect to the VNC server installed on your PC. Later we will explain how to install and configure a VNC server on your PC
Wifi scanOnce the communication between the VNC server on your PC and SCANPET is stablished, this button is activated. It transfers from SCANPET to your PC the barcodes. If you notice that the barcode isn’t transferred, please read HOW TO SOLVE guide at the end of this document.
WARNING: Don’t use password bigger than 6 characters (this is an standard VNC protocol limit)
- Be sure you have this UltraVNC version installed (for Windows). : http://www.uvnc.com/…./100-download-ultravnc-10962.html
- If you use Ubuntu use default VNC server.
- You have entered a valid IP address and it is your PC IP address.
- The VNC password is not bigger than 6 characters.
- If still does not work, disable your firewall and/or antivirus for a while and try again.
- Maybe the wifi signal is low or bad quality. Then try to scan from a router close postition.
- If you see SCANPET scans but the barcode does not appears on your PC, then be sure you have Excel, Word , notepad or any other app open and with the cursor blinking on it (focused)