SCANPET is the perfect barcode scanner for your inventory. It is a barcode scanner App with inventory manager features. But it is also a generic data capture app that you can customize as you please.
It uses Excel files as item databases. The camera on your device is used to read barcodes and look up item information in an Excel spreadsheet file.
SCANPET= barcode scanner & inventory manager & excel database & Stock manager: You can use SCANPET to manage your inventory, handle your warehouse, home inventory or only read barcodes. Building your own item database is as simple as creating an Excel file.
This application have a lot of powerful configuration options, and can be adapted for almost every situation. For example you can use this barcode scanner as
- Warehouse Manager: It is a barcode reader (your device will work as a barcode terminal)
- Inventory Manager: It is a warehouse manager & stock taking tool. Here the barcode scanner will speed up your work
- Use it also as an inventory tracker with your home inventory
- Store inventory and stock managing: handle the stock of your store or warehouse: Items are divided into categories that are identified with a barcode. Register how many elements of each product category you have. This way you can do stock control
- Collections: movies collections, DVD collections, music, books, etc
- Wifi Scanner (wifi terminal): Use this if you need to scan the bar code directly into a document on your PC. This means the phone will read the barcode and will send it through Wifi to your PC. It will be a Wifi terminal
- GPS Points of Interest (POIs): record GPS coordinates of the places you visit, like monuments, cities, beach, etc
- Also e-commerce: osCommerce, Prestashop, Magento, Ecommerce, etc
- Others possibilities: SCANPET features, don’t finish here. Please take a time to explore, you can configure everything! like sales, payments, shipments, meetings attendance, patient control, build accounting reports from the output Excel file on your PC, etc
You can also put your inventory on Dropbox and Google Drive (share with other users and backup to Dropbox and Google Drive)
SCANPET can handle 2 kind of inventories (Excel spreadsheet):
* Monoline inventories (each item is a category with a quantity number): This is the best choice for:
- ecommerce solutions.
- store inventories (if we want to control the stock)
- home inventory
* Collections or mutliline inventories (each row on the Excel is a separate item): This is the best choice for:
- Manage CD and DVD inventories (movies collection, music etc)using barcode scanner or typing
- Shipment Tracker: handle items inputs and/or output from your store or warehouse.
- Sales manager: SCANPET is also a sales tracker.
- Attendance tracker & attendance roster: log attendees to a meeting, school, etc.
- Customer manager: build a database with your customers, attendees, etc.
- As individual inventories saves a new row for each scan, you can also go further and control inputs and outputs of your store, like sales or shipments. Or even further and use it as an attendance app (use it at meetings or school).
And on the other hand we can extend SCANPET functions on the PC using the Wifi terminal scanner feature
SCANPET barcode scanner can read these barcode formats:
- Code 39
- Code 93
- Code 128
- QR Code
Excel formats supported are from Microsoft Office 95 to 2003 and Office XP (xls format). Excel 2007 (xlsx format) and beyond not supported due to performance reasons.Unfortunatelly xlsx format is heavy for a mobile device. Use it would make SCANPET work very slow.
So if you have an xlsx file please convert it to xls format, it is easy and your Excel 2007 (or beyond) desktop app can aopen and modify it.